Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ben's birthday

For Ben's birthday recently, I took him to Horizons Restaurant on Burnaby Mountain, which has a gorgeous view of the city lights and local ski mountains. We had the three-course "West Coast Feast" menu - delicious!!











On his actual birthday, which was the day before, we also had a "sundae buffet"-style supper (brownies, icecream, nuts, fruit, toppings etc!) after our meeting. This scrumptious event was very kindly hosted by Janelle and Gerard (thanks again!).

Happy birthday Ben!

3 comments:

Susie Q said...

oh my have you tried the eggs benedict at horizons? The sunday brunch to die for!

Anna said...

Actually, the only other time we'd been there was for Sunday brunch with Myla and Lisa... and I'm pretty sure Ben had the Eggs Benedict! I had a stack of pancakes that was approximately the size of Burnaby Mountain... :P

Megan said...

Oh, I had that picked to go there for my birthday when we were in Vancouver, before we realised how little time we would actually have to spare! I had done some research online of restaurants in Vancouver, and the West Coast menu there combined with the views made it my pick of places to go! It looks great, pity we didn't get to try it!