Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Australia trip, Post 2: Woodgate days

Our three days and four nights at my parents' place in Woodgate were a blissful blur of:

Enjoying being in the same room as my Mum, Dad and sister Roxy for the first time in 2 years...

Sitting around the table (nothing beats Mum's cooking!)...


Long talks with Roxy (in fact, we didn't go to sleep until well after sunrise the first night!)...

Catching up with Shell and meeting Simon at last (thanks guys for driving to Woodgate to make this possible!)...




Walks on the beach, and even a quick dip in the ocean...

A picnic with some of the Bundy folk...




Lots of long-awaited singing (and a happy brief reunion with my first guitar)...



More delicious food (thank you Mother Dear for serving my favourite childhood meal!)...


Lunch at the restaurant where I used to work in Bundaberg (and a deep-fried ice cream I have yet to find the equal of anywhere else in the world)...




A quick catch-up with Lycie...


And a lot of sisterly posing!






Oh, and while I was doing all that, Ben somehow fit in stopping by another wedding (the bride was a student from his old school, and her mother was one of his teaching colleagues), seeing our accountant to sort out our taxes, and helping my parents buy a new laptop!!

It was a fabulous few days that flew by far too fast. There's nothing quite like home and family!

5 comments:

Jac said...

I just LOVE this post!!!! :)
I bet those few days went far too quickly!

Mother Alcorn said...

Glad you enjoyed your last visit to our Woodgate house - it was with a Mother's love & happiness I cooked your favourite childhood meal (Too long since I have been able to do that). Loved every minute of your short visit.

Jo said...

Cute pic of Linc & Jynni! Was this a candid snap or a pose?

Your hair looks awesome out, Anna!

Anna said...

Candid... I might get in trouble if they ever see it!!

And thanks. :)

Roxy said...

Aw...just looking at these photos and reminiscing... :)