Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Friday, January 14, 2011

10 things that made me happy this week

Since we don't have too much else to blog about at the moment, I thought I'd make a departure from my usual type of posts and borrow this idea from a fellow blogger (thanks Alaina!). Plus, I figure it's a good exercise to do this week when so much of my time and energy has been focussed on what's going on back home.

10 things that made me happy this week...

1. Being a Queenslander. (It also made me sad, worried, scared, stunned, anxious, awestruck, inspired, moved, and thankful.)

2. Our friends in other countries who emailed to ask if Ben's and my families were safe.

3. Gaining a little boy cousin.

4. Friends getting married.

5. Cousin Connie's impending visit.

6. Finishing the excellent book "The Master of Bruges" by Terence Morgan.

7. Finding a colour photocopy of my driver's licence after it was stolen.

8. Getting my free birthday drink from Starbucks and being allowed to get the largest size.

9. Snow in the city.

10. Tim Tam Slams.

...And these are just the things that are unique to this week. If I were to include the big overarching things (life, love, health, family, friends, hope, etc), the list would be full before I got to the specifics! :)

1 comment:

alaina said...

Ahh so nice to read this post...happy lists are the best!