Slovakia was our final "new country" for the trip, as the remaining two countries in our itinerary were ones we'd already been to. I'm mentioning this because, for the past few years, I've had the goal of reaching "30 by 30"... that is, by getting my country count equal to the years of my age by the time I turned 30 (and equalling or exceeding my age from then on).
Well, Bratislava was my 29th country, and I turned 30 four days later! So I didn't quite reach my goal on time... but I exceeded 30 two months later on our next vacation, which I'll be blogging about after I finally get this one done!
And FYI, Ben and I have very strict rules about what constitutes visiting a country: (1) it must be a sovereign state (for example, the UK is counted as one country only, not separately for England, Scotland, Wales, territories such as the Cayman Islands, etc), and (2) we must have been out of the airport. Ben's country count is the same as mine (although a couple of the countries differ), and Finley's was 9 by the end of this trip!
Here are some photos from our wanderings in Bratislava's Old Town...
![]() |
| Family selfie |
| We absolutely loved this door! |
| Hlavné námestie (Main Square) |
| Buskers |
| I'd been wanting a photo of this cute sign all trip! |
All I can really remember about Bratislava is that it had some great architecture - we especially enjoyed noticing all the big old wooden doors - and that it was bitterly cold that day! But it was a pleasant stopover on our way to spending the next three days in Vienna.
To be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment