Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Friday, July 13, 2007

570 hours to go! ...plus some cat tales...

I'm not really counting the hours yet; that was just for fun! :P

We've now moved from Gin Gin into North Bundaberg for our last few weeks here. Along with the responsibility of house sitting for a friend, we've also been entrusted with the physical and emotional care of her two fat felines - who have enough character for a whole street's worth of cats! Patch tries his best to follow us into the toilet, bathroom and bed, and even had to sit on the ironing board while I ironed the other day - he's rather needy as a result of not having had human company for a while before we moved in! But sooo cute - I'm loving living with cats!! Apparently these cats have also been known to "play" the organ in the middle of the night, by somehow turning it on and then waltzing up and down the keys!
The other night we awoke at 3am to a horrific yowling sound that I groggily realised was far too loud to be outside, like the previous rendition of cat wailing we were treated to. Turns out a stray black cat was in our HALLWAY (thanks to the back door which must be left open the width of a cat's whiskers to allow Patch and Billie passage in and out all night), and Patch was kicking up a mighty fuss about this unwelcome intruder. Anyway, Ben sorted out the children and we went back to sleep.

Not much more England-related news as yet! Goodbye parties are starting to be held, which makes it all seem very about-to-happen!! Last night we had a farewell dinner with the teachers from Ben's staffroom and their spouses, and on Sunday a large gathering had tea at Staiers' as a bit of a goodbye "do" for us. Both events were lovely - but a reminder of how many wonderful friends we're going to miss!

We'll both be doing more uni while we're away - Ben has got his books and started already, while I'm still waiting for my study materials to arrive. So we'll no doubt be very busy once we get to England!

That's all for now! Cheerio!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the privelege of making the first comment. If only I could think of some witty comment to make...but I've got nuthin'.

Anonymous said...

I have witnessed the organ playing during the night and also Patch rattling my bedroom door and meowing at some early hour of the morning while still dark but unlike his foster mother I didn't let him in!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA! Love this Post, its hilarious!! :D I remember being woken to loud discordent music in the middle of the night, those cats are awesome...but if you want to keep them otherwise occupied for hours, just put a couple cardboard cartons in the lounge room for them to play with! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the cat photo's. Soooooo cute!!