Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Monday, February 4, 2008

In and out of The Mousetrap...

Yesterday we had a fantastic day in London with Dotti, Matt, Kat, and Elise. (Note of introduction re new blog characters: Dotti recently flew in from Oz to study at Nottingham Uni for a year, and Elise is a long-term Aussie expat whose entire family has been over here for about 7 years. So we had five and a half Aussies in our group of six!)

We met up with Dotti at about midday after she travelled down from Nottingham by train. By a great joint effort of overlooking/forgetfulness, Dotti and I had both neglected to transfer each other's mobile numbers from our recent email correspondence to our phones, so before she could find us at Covent Garden, Dotti had to ring Roxy in Australia to get my number!!!!!

Here's how our day went...

Enjoying the sights at Covent Garden, an area of London with fantastic shops (including The Tintin Shop, where Dotti and I split a pack of badges, and I got a Tintin and Snowy fridge magnet :P), market stalls selling all sorts of fantastic goodies, and lots of buskers and street performers...

Click here for a video of a kilt-wearing performer with a surgical glove pulled down over his head, using his nostrils to blow it up until it explodes!



Walking through West End to Hamley's, an enormous toy store in Piccadilly Circus that Matt and Kat gave us a voucher for as a Christmas present. We bought a game called Chain Reaction (by the makers of Articulate) so are looking forward to trying it out soon!...



Meeting up with Matt, Kat and Elise in time for our 5pm engagement: going to the world's longest running stage production, the Agatha Christie play "The Mousetrap". It was absolutely brilliant, but we can't tell you whodunnit because we've been instructed to keep it locked away in our hearts!...



And going out for a delicious tea in nearby Chinatown after the play.



Afterwards, Dotti came back to Crawley with us and stayed the night, and we put her on the train back home after the meeting and lunch today.

All in all, it was a thoroughly lovely weekend and SO awesome to see Dotti over here!! No doubt she'll feature on here again as we've got a few more plans underway... :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! IT is SO COOL to see Dotti in your pics!!!! i can see you're all having a fabulous fabulous time... i am sooooo jealous :D

Elise said...

Hey Ben and Anna, this blog is awesome. When you sent me the link I was thinking it would be your typical blog, as soon as I got into it, I was like WOW! A lot of effort has been put into it, and I think its fantastic that you keep it updated! Was great going to the play with you guys! Cya :D

Anonymous said...

YAY! DOTTI!!! Glad to hear she found you guys! You'll have to tell her she'd better write a blog too!

Anonymous said...

Ooo I just wanted to say also, you guys look sooo cute all rugged up in your hats and scarves...getting quite a collection of them I see! Crazy when over here its so hot - I just went swimming at the lagoon with Cass and got sunburt...ouch!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Anna, your blog is fantastic! You have done such a good job with it - now I see why you say facebook comes last ;)