Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Celtic Village

As part of the St Patrick's Day celebrations in Vancouver, a "Celtic Village" was set up on Granville St this weekend. It was two blocks long and only took us half an hour or so to explore, but it was a fun photo opportunity...










Free sample of Japanese green tea... it looked, smelt and tasted like powdered lawn clippings mixed with hot water!!

4 comments:

Jac said...

So, the green tea was a 'taste' of summer - fresh lawn clippings! ;)
Anyway, what has St Patrick's day got to do with Japan?
Love the icicle post... I can feel the cold from here!

PS - I'm working on an email!

Anna said...

I think the connection between St Patrick's Day and Japanese tea is just the colour green! The stall was run by a Canadian coffee shop franchise - I guess their thought process was something like "hmm, how can we get in on this Celtic Village... oh, I know... promote something green!" :D Looking forward to that email!

~Dreana~ said...

Japanese Green Tea is horid! I had some in Australia as part of an excursion and hated it.
Then, when I was over there, the host school did a traditional tea ceremony for us. I felt extremely rude but I couldn't drink mine!

I have been drinking the watery, tea bag version of it lately and I think it is growing on me.

Chany said...

Yes I've never liked green tea either, but green tea icecream is not bad :) I used to work with a lady who gulped it down for the health benefits without liking it at all but now has grown to like it! I'm actually sitting down right now with a mug of my favourite Traditional Afternoon tea and hot cross bun :P