Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Curling and croppers

Tonight we went curling with Ben's work. To save me repeating myself, click here to read what I wrote about curling the first time we tried it, just over a year ago. I managed to get a much better slide happening this time, but had less success at landing the stones in the house. Ben felt his form was better than last year too, and thankfully he didn't take any chunks out of the ice this time!







However, tonight seemed to be quite an unlucky night for Ben's workmates. In under an hour, THREE of them had fallen over on the ice and sustained injuries requiring medical treatment - nose, elbow and forehead. And although there were four games in progress most of the time, all three injured parties were playing with us when they came a cropper! (Also, in the second last photo above, that's not break-dancing... it's a near miss!)

We left feeling thankful to still be in one piece!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds dangerous!!!

Roxy said...

Hmm I don't know how I'd go at this sport...it brings back unpleasant memories of going to the ice skating rink and falling down more than 10 times in one night...