Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Friday, April 27, 2012

Snowboarding at Whistler

One Saturday in mid-March, we headed up to Whistler for a day of snowboarding.  Only a 1.5 hour drive from where we live, Whistler Blackcomb is the largest ski resort in North America and hosted many of the 2010 Winter Olympics events.  Despite that, this was only my second time snowboarding there, and Ben's third time!






Here's a video of me snowboarding (taken by Ben while he was also snowboarding, hence the shakiness)...

Disclaimer: This video is mainly for the benefit of people who've never seen snowboarding.  If you know anything about it, this will bore you silly.  Unfortunately, linked turns are the pinnacle of my skills!


And here are some roadside photos from the drive home...



We sure do live in a beautiful part of the world!

3 comments:

Mother Alcorn said...

At least you stayed on your snowboard - I wouldn't even be able to do that!!! Good work.

Anna said...

Well, there were many occasions while I was learning linked turns when I DIDN'T stay on my snowboard!!

Megan said...

Wish we were there! You were a great snowboarding buddy! :)