Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Saturday, September 1, 2007

I got a job!!!!!

Hi friends and family! You will be delighted to hear that as of Tuesday next week, I will be working as a Training Administrator for OCS (www.ocs.co.uk), less than 2 km from home!

It's been a busy couple of days on the job front...

I had a job interview on Thursday for a Logistics Administrator role at Unilever, and another one on Friday with OCS (this one via phone). By late Friday afternoon, I had received offers (via the temp agencies) from them both! During a number of phone calls back and forth with the two agencies, both raised their original hourly pay rate until they were equal (due to the agencies reducing their service fee percentage, not the company paying more).

OCS then came back with the offer that I can choose my own working hours (35+ per week), so if I want to work 50 hours a week with 15 minute lunch breaks, they are happy to pay me for whatever I write on my timesheet, as it will be a very busy role! As the hourly rate was equal, I chose OCS mainly because of this flexibility and the fact that this job sounds more fun and varied than the other! :)

OCS (whom I hadn't heard of until yesterday) offer many different service solutions for businesses - cleaning, catering, security, etc. According to the website, it's the "largest privately owned support services company in the UK", has been in business for 107 years, and is still wholly owned by the founder's descendants. They have over 32000 employees in the UK... well, over 32001 now!! :)

My job is a contract position for a few months, and has been created as a result of the company needing to put >180 employees from 20+ different sites through some of the 40 role-specific training courses to be held multiple times in 6 locations! This is due to the implementation of a new computer system, SAP. So I will be booking people in, following up no shows, arranging trainers' schedules, preparing resources, producing reports on progress, organising room bookings and catering, etc. Should be interesting at least!

Anyway, it's definitely time for bed! Goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Sounds like an interesting job and a busy one. Good on ya. xo

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, well done...very exciting. I guess we'll both be starting new jobs in the near future then.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATZ!! Nice work, sounds like a very interesting job!!
Tim...what's your new job??

Anonymous said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!! So glad that has worked out fairly simply for you :D
hope the jobs lots of fun!
oxo

Jim and Jenny said...

Yes Anna we were delighted to hear about the job. What great timing!!Hope you both enjoy this coming week. I'm sure you will have lots of stories to tell.
Are you going to walk to work?
Anyway, have a good week.