This is what happened when I, intending to cook the greens, accidentally turned on the wrong element... one which happened to have an apple and strawberry crumble sitting on it to cool...
At the time of the explosion, I had just noticed the crumble bubbling, gone over to investigate, realised what I'd done, and turned off the element.
I was leaning right over the top of it as it exploded with a pop (it) and a scream (me) that brought Ben and our guests running, and apparently was even audible in the house upstairs...
Right now I am feeling extremely grateful that crumble was the only thing I ended up covered in.
Poor Ben made a third crumble (the second one had glass land in the top of it), and I cooked new veggies. The rest of the night was uneventful and very enjoyable!!
Oh, and it was a Pyrex dish we had just borrowed from our poor long-suffering landlord, Myla...
5 comments:
OH DEAR!!! I'm devastated that what looks like delicious food was lost in this tragic accident...
Poor Myla, Bet she's wondering what the next drama installment will be!!!!
Hehe! It would have been easier for you to tell Ben that you didn't like his crumble!! :P
Mmmm Sounds like you are having an eventful time - just in the four walls of your flat:)Hope you guys are good - Lycie
OOoops! That it too bad! Now I know what happens when you try to use pyrex on the cooktop... always wondered... The pans say something about not for use on stovetop, and I trustly obeyed... but never knew what happened if you did! Now I do!!! I agree w/ Delle, too... what a loss of delicious looking food!
Post a Comment