It was an extremely brief catch-up as we were on our way to Harold and Kathy's house, where we had an evening of delicious food and great company with Harold and Kathy, Stuart and Rosanne, Ken, Myla and Andrew. We are meeting lots of nice new people and trying to remember all their names!
Tomorrow I start my new job at an industrial pump company in Burnaby. I got the job through a temp agency, and it's full time for an unspecified period (should be at least 4 months). I had my interview last Tuesday and it seems I got the job for two reasons: the basic SAP experience I got during my job in England, and for being Australian! Apparently my interviewer had an Aussie temp once who was the best temp she ever had - so I hope I can live up to her high expectations of me!! It seems like a nice place to work and I'm looking forward to it!
I also had 3.5 days of data entry work in downtown Vancouver last week, a job I applied for via Craigslist. It was pretty monotonous work, typing data from handwritten surveys into Excel - an appliance efficiency study collecting information on different models of white goods on display in Vancouver stores! I only got about halfway through that task by the end of the week, so have arranged for Lisa to take over from me from tomorrow onwards. She's also just started working in a cancer charity call centre for 4 hours each night.
As for Ben, he had a one-day job last Tuesday, through the same agency as me - carrying and alphabetising files for an engineering association! Tomorrow he has a 4-hour job, putting together a desk for an engineering firm - beats me why they contacted a temp agency to get someone to do that!!! Hopefully something more permanent turns up for him soon - at the moment I have a house husband and who's calling himself a "kept man"!! :)
Anyway, we'll be busier from now on - but, as always, very happy to hear from you. Goodnight!
4 comments:
HellO Anna. Thanks for your email. I have enjoyed browsing thru your Blog tonight - Interesting, Amusing, very Well-written! Take care. Tanya, Queensland.
What a cute baby! I am reading your blog at the urging of my folks, who met you on the transcontinental cruise. Their names are David & Barbara Harrison. I got stuck at CA customs also, so I feel your pain. Have a great day! Carolyn, Texas
Hey thats just awesome :-)
its amazing how small our world is!! I wonder if there really is evidence behind the 7 points of connection theory :-)
miss you heaps xoxoxo
Shell
Was so great to see you guys! Only too short... but we'll take what we can get :-) LOL... Ben's 'kept man' comment... too funny! Enjoy BC!! Make sure you get over to the Island and visit Karen & Chris (ask me for their number on FB if you want it) Lotsa love, Jynni
Post a Comment