My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure it was the first time in my life that I've been at work (including school) on my birthday!! And no one at work knew it was my birthday - despite the fact that they'd had everyone fill out "recognition forms" a few weeks earlier to say how we wanted our birthday or accomplishments to be recognised! (I've been in a new job since the end of November - might have to mention it in a separate post one of these days!) However, my birthday celebrations outside of work lasted three days, so I was more than happy!
The day before my birthday, Shonna kindly hosted supper (Aussie definition) at her place after our Wed night meeting. This involved yummy cake, lots of laughing, and even some unexpected but much appreciated cards and pressies! The only photo I have of the night is this one, which I borrowed from Janae's blog (thanks!)...

On my birthday, I met Ben in my lunch break for a nice lunch at the Hilton near my work. It's cheaper than you'd think - comparable to any of the family chain restaurants around! Also thanks to my dear husband, my hands are now toasty and warm inside my new Vancouver 2010 red mittens (i.e. Olympic ones), and I am looking forward to a yearlong subscription to National Geographic Traveller magazine!
Then on Friday night, we headed into downtown Vancouver for an "Aussie dinner" at an Australian restaurant called Moose's Down Under. For once the Aussies in attendance outnumbered the Canadians, 5 to 4! The dinner was to celebrate both mine and Davina's birthdays. I had shepherds pie and most of the others had big burgers that included beetroot, pineapple and egg. :) Good fun!
L-R: Davina, Michelle, Chantelle, Conrad, Jonathon, Ben, me, Rosalie, Heidi...

And as if I hadn't already been spoilt enough, Shonna treated me to lunch the following week!
So I was a happy birthday girl indeed. :D
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Anna!! Still enjoying following your adventures. Glenda K
Post a Comment