Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A little life update!

Hello dear friends and family! It's been a while since I've written as we are keeping busy over here, so here's a quick overview of what's been going on...


Work has been going full steam ahead, although mine has slowed down again as of the last week or so. I've been told my job will continue into next year, probably for the whole time we are in England, so that's nice to know! Ben is finishing up at ICC at the end of next week so he will be trying something different in the new year... probably supply teaching. He's looking forward to a lot less "work outside of work"!


It's special meetings time here – we went last weekend and that's the plan for this weekend too. :) Between that and the cold rainy weather, it's hard to believe that on this side of world this means Christmas is just around the corner. This morning we had to scrape ice off our car windscreen at 8am!


As we are studying one subject each over semester 3 to fast-track our studies, we barely even got a break from study after finishing our recent exams. By the way, we both did well. :) We each have an assignment due on Friday next week – which is not only Ben's last day of work, but also the day we leave for our 2.5-week driving holiday through Europe! That night we'll be sleeping in Belgium!! :D So getting all our accommodation booked for the trip is another task currently underway.


We'll be seeing France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Liechtenstein and Luxembourg. And we should have Internet access at least some of the time, so will hopefully be able to keep you updated! Amongst many other things, I'm looking forward to getting to some European Christmas markets, and Ben's looking forward to a day of snowboarding! Along the way, we'll be celebrating Christmas (the Netherlands), our first wedding anniversary (Berlin), New Year's (Prague), and my birthday (France)!


Anyway, that's the life update – I'll be back soon to finally tell you about our weekend in Glastonbury!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on great uni results. No ice to scrape off anything here just perspiration to wash off!!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, my comment above - pressed the wrong button - having a blond moment!!!!.

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm so jealous you're going on another holiday - within a working holiday! :P Sounds like it'll be another busy one too! What date will you be back again?

Anonymous said...

wow you guys are really tripping around!! I am also studying over third semester, but at least i wont be distracted by lots of traveling and sight seeing! I am soo incredibly jealous! xoxoxo

Anna said...

Holiday dates are 21 December to 8 January. :D If I get time, I'll post a route map and/or some itinerary details!