On Monday we moved from Villa Marie to our home for the second half of the holiday: a studio apartment at Emville Guesthouse in Maxwell on the south coast. It was a little section at the back of someone's private home - in fact, this owner (Isolde) was German too!
Although it was a fully self-contained studio apartment, it was much smaller than the ensuite room we'd had at the first place! It was slightly shabbier but cheaper too. We didn't take any proper photos of the apartment, but here's a pic of our clothesline/ entrance. It didn't even have a proper door, just a grill and curtain - that's all you need in this climate!

We didn't do much else that day, but in the evening we went to the fish fry at Oistins again. This time it was only a 10 minute walk from where we were staying! Being a Monday night, the fish fry was much quieter and only a few vendors were set up.
Ben had a fish cutter (i.e. sandwich) and I had a fried flying fish meal. This was my favourite meal of the three nights we went. For the equivalent of $8.50 USD, eating at the fish fry is great value - and absolutely delicious!!!



I spent the next few hours groaning in discomfort due to the ridiculous amount of food I had consumed.
Here's a long exposure shot that Ben took on the beach...

And that's all for Monday's post. Now to tackle Tuesday's - I think I'm going to have to divide our island tour into three separate posts just to make blogging it more manageable!
3 comments:
Love the long exposure shot of the beach...nice work, Ben!
Why thank you ma'am - all praise gratefully accepted :)
Yes, love the long exposure shot! And love the t-shirt too Ben! ;-) (I am finally catching up on your blog posts - better late than never!)
Post a Comment