I'm currently at the Internet cafe and have a chance to upload a few photos to satisfy everyone's curiosity a little!
Photos 1 to 5: Brighton.
Photo 6: Terry and Olwen's dogs.
Photo 7: A slug.
Photo 8: The street and hall where the gospel meeting was held (the building with the clock).
Photo 9: Dinner with Trev and Sharon.
Photos 10 to 16: Our post-dinner walk, as described in the post “A wonderful weekend”.
Our money transfer hadn't come through yesterday after all, so we stayed back at the guest house last night. Since we couldn't move into our flat, we didn't do much yesterday other than spend a few hours up at the school, using their Internet and phone to get car insurance quotes (which ranged from expensive to ridiculously expensive). Maria and Frank were there too, so we were regaled by Frank's stories and ate the blackberries we had picked on Sunday.
It's 11:45am on Tuesday now. We've just been to the bank and checked our account, and the money STILL hasn't gone through!! So we still can't pay the real estate agency and move in! But Sharon did call us last night to see how our move went, and when she found out it hadn't happened, said we should have stayed with them! It was too late by then, but perhaps we'll have to take them up on their kind offer yet!! We pick up our new car tomorrow.
Our half hour's nearly up – bye for now! And thanks again for all the lovely comments – love getting comments!! :D
















12 comments:
Great pictures!!Love the hat Anna. I am sure Dad and I met Trevor and Sharon in the park in Richmond the first Sunday we had lunch with Katharina,Hannah, Clarissa (another teacher)& Matt and Tish and I am also sure Sharon was at the Sunday am mtg where we met Sudep and his mother!!!!
WOW guys it looks like you are having a great time. I so happy you've made some fantastic friends in such a short time! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures- its all so deliciously Jane Austen (especially the eating out side piccy). I am so jealous, i wish i didn't have to go do uni work now.... LOVE YOU HEAPS
Hi Anna and Ben:
I am really enjoying reading your daily adventures...did your money come through yet?? I can hardly wait for the next chapter of the story! Anna, I love your descriptions of the places, events,and people that you are seeing! I really like visiting Britain and your stories really make the beautiful country come to life! You were a natural writer...even at a very early age! What happens next...??? Your Canadian Teacher, Miss Plaxton(Linda)
Oh what gorgeous pictures!! I love the one with the sun framing the people in the foreground...fantabulous!!! Sooooo can't wait to vist :)
...Well my uni calls me back too :P
oxox
Great pictures.. but a slug? (I must admit it does look interesting) Did you just happen upon a slug on your walk? Wanting to uncover that mystery, Dreana :P
Wow, great pics and I love the hat too. Keep the blogs coming - but get Ben to write some too, definitely need some "male perspective" to counter-balance the cuteness of everything :-)
THE PINK HAT !!!!! Cute (oh dear maybe the cute word is hereditary). What's with the bug attraction? Wheelie bin bug at Gin Gin now a slug in England, but I will admit they sure look weird (NO NOT CUTE) up close.
I just don't get it ... "coughing lambs", "big dogs", "slugs", "old nude men playing cricket" and now "beaches made outta rocks ???" ... Dunno guys, I thought you were headin over there to have FUN !!!!
All sounds like a Pommy version of Harry Potter (Poms would pronounce that 'Arree Po'err ) Good to hear from you.
The row of huts in the push bike photo - do they have individual change huts all along the sea shore?? Mustn't be the nudist section!! The dogs are so soft and cuddly looking - give them a hug from me!!!
Hi Anna and Ben, it all looks and sounds so wonderful...the girls and I are enjoying your (mis)adventures...unattractive slug but great photo have to admit...with illness etc have not connected with Andreana yet for tutoring but intend to soon. Continue to have fun peoples. Bye
Yay, we have Internet at home!! Thanks everyone for all the lovely comments - especially the new commenters: Linda, Dean and Painters! Great to hear from you all. :D
Dreana - nope, the slug was on the step outside Caprice Guest House after it rained on Sunday. I also took a photo of a very long, skinny one!
Tim - I'm trying to encourage Ben to write the next blog entry - but be warned, he's exclaiming over the cuteness of everything almost as much as I am!!
Mum - yes, last night we drove through Brighton with Trev and Sharon and I learnt that the change huts can be purchased for a mere 60,000 quid (about AUD $150,000)! You only own the little hut, no actual beach, and it's illegal to stay overnight in them!! How ridiculous!!!!!
I'm getting itchy feet....so ash is busy scratching them!!!! Say Hi to sharon for me please! Hope all goes well with the money dramas and have fun!!!!
Post a Comment