Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

NYC Highlights, Post 7: Other bits and pieces

Here are a few other things we did during our last few days in New York...

Went to the meeting in Brooklyn and met some lovely people there...


Saw the fascinating and slightly unnerving Bodies: The Exhibition (yes, the plasticised insides of real human bodies)...


Ate at Planet Hollywood (our New York Passes included an awesome $10-off-each-meal deal - and you could use it every day if you so desired!)...



Enjoyed some Cold Stone Creamery delights (have a wild guess at who couldn't finish theirs!)...



Saw the Statue of Liberty from a distance (and some close-up versions too - see below!)... Had planned on taking the Ellis Island ferry and going right past it, but could not believe our eyes when the queue was at least a kilometre long!!...




Watched sightseeing helicopters taking off and landing just along the river from the Brooklyn Bridge...



And... I think that's about it for the New York blog entries!! :)

1 comment:

Liesl said...

I love the pic w/ everyone jumping - that's awesome!! The girl in your pic from mtg is Jen Tschetter, right? I met her at convention this year... kinda fun to see a pic of someone else I know that you have met in your travels. Looking forward to more posts!!