Migratory Byrds

Migratory Byrds

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Reflecting on 2008...

I got this idea from someone else's blog (thanks Dee!) and thought I'd make my own list! It's a great reminder of so many things to be thankful for. So here are some of the things I experienced for the first time in 2008 (not in any particular order)...


Went tobogganing in the Alps

Saw Phantom of the Opera live

Went to two funerals and two weddings

Ate rabbit, alligator, mussels, oysters, lobster and haggis

Lost a great-grandfather and gained an aunt

Arrived in my twenty-first country

Went rock climbing on a ship


Saw the Pentagon and the White House

Played badminton

Went to an open-air Shakespeare play

Had ten pregnant friends at once

Made a beeswax candle in the Black Forest

Learnt to turn in both directions on a snowboard

Joined a book club


Celebrated four years together and two years of marriage

Spent almost 6 months homeless

Went zorbing

Bit into a whole chilli

Learnt how to play chess (although not yet how to win chess)

Went to meetings in six different countries

Rode in a limo


Ate dim sum style and from a sushi train

Walked across a frozen lake

Shopped at Macy's and Bloomingdale's

Got addicted to online Scrabble

Visited a smugglers' cave

Touched a moon rock

Got lost during a countryside hike


Ascended the Empire State Building

Helped decorate a gingerbread house

Went on a cruise

Got locked out of a carpark in Paris at 2am

Went to convention in three different countries

Watched it snow at our flat in spring

Made new friends and reunited with old ones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting list - don't like the sound of some of the foods!!

MrsRitzB said...

What a great idea - you two have accomplished A LOT in 2008! I'm afraid if I were to do a list it may be only 3 or 4 sentences long. :) Happy trails...